The EL/Civics (formerly known as Citizenship) program provides opportunities for students to learn about the United States naturalization process. EL/Civics courses teach the reading, writing, listening, and speaking skills needed to complete the naturalization forms and pass the naturalization interview.
EL/Civics students learn about:
- The rights and responsibilities of U.S. citizens
- U.S. History
- U.S. Government
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) provides naturalization preparation materials and activities.
The resources below are available at: www.uscis.gov/citizenship
- Learn About Naturalization
- A Guide to Naturalization
- Becoming a U.S. Citizen: Overview of the Naturalization Process
- Apply for Citizenship
- Forms and Fees
- How Do I Apply for U.S. Citizenship?
- Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet
- Study for the Test
- Study Materials
- Exceptions and Accommodations
- Naturalization Test Components
- Find Help In Your Community
- Free Naturalization Information Sessions
- Naturalization Resources In Other Languages